David M. Bluhm
Attorney At Law
4289 Piedmont Avenue, #207
Oakland, California 94611-4757
As a business lawyer with broad commercial transactions experience, David M. Bluhm has been serving high technology companies since 1982. He has worked both in large law firms and in large corporations, most recently as vice president and general counsel managing a 10 person legal department of a publicly traded software company. In addition, Mr. Bluhm, a Silicon Valley native, has over 20 years of experience in international business, including five years as an investment banker in London and Caracas.
Emphasizing the communications equipment and software industries, Mr. Bluhm opened his practice to serve a few growing clients on a concentrated basis. He is focused on developing a relationship with his clients similar to that of an in-house general counsel, providing clients easy access, consistent attention and quick turnaround. His rates are comparable to what a company would pay hourly to employ a senior level attorney, but allow clients the flexibility of utilizing his services on an as-needed basis and without the burdens of an employment relationship.
Mr. Bluhm is able to assist clients with a wide range of commercial and corporate matters facing today's businesses. He has specific experience in documenting and negotiating:
- Outsourcing and managed services arrangements for enterprise applications;
- Distributor, OEM, VAR, in and out of warranty service and various other channel programs and licensing arrangements;
- Co-development and shared ownership agreements for software, transmission products and test equipment;
- Manufacturing joint ventures, including two in China and one in India;
- Cross-border development of telephony products and parties' co-investments;
- Incorporations, acquisitions, dispositions and mergers;
- Financing transactions, including multi-currency and multiple lending agencies.
In addition, Mr. Bluhm has:
- Negotiated to successful resolution varied customer and partner disputes;
- Supervised and handled investments, acquisitions and technology transfers;
- Engaged and managed outside counsel in business transactions, litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
Mr. Bluhm's strategy is to handle the daily contract and commercial issues that confront high technology clients active in today's environment. His efforts complement those of major outside law firms that handle such specialty matters as patents, public equity financing, environmental and employee benefits.
Mr. Bluhm is a member in good standing of the State Bar of California and has been active in the Bar Association of San Francisco Sections on Commercial Law, Intellectual Property and Legal Ethics. Mr. Bluhm also acts as a federal court appointed mediator in the Northern District of California.
David M. Bluhm received his A.B. with Honors in History from the University of California, Berkeley, his M.A. and M.A.L.D. (Master of Arts in Law and Diplomacy) from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy (Tufts, Harvard) and his J.D. from Boalt Hall, the University of California, Berkeley. He was admitted to the California Bar in 1982.